Wednesday, April 27, 2011

These are some tulips that are currently growing in my raised bed that will be going into the bed I am showing the progress on. I call it my "bird bed" because I have a bird bath and a sunflower seed feeder in it. I made it so I can one day look outside my art room window and watch the birds in the morning over a cup of tea or hot chocolate. It seems to be such a simple wish yet I have been planning this for well over a year. I am hoping that I will be able to spend more time on this project which is very dear to my heart.





My father has not been feeling well for awhile and I am happy that he is doing much better. He has been keeping me company as I garden. It gets him out into the sunshine and cheers us both up a lot.

I put in a flower bed by my porch last year that is just gorgeous.  It has been blooming all month and is getting ready to bloom some more. I spent a lot of time thinking about having year round interest when I planned it and so far I think I did a good job of it. It has tulips, poppy anemones, and allum for spring interest. For summer it has guara and coneflowers with russian sage, and lavender continuing late into the fall.

Best of all it takes almost no watering. I keep it mulched and the plants are mostly drought tolerant. I added three glass oil lamps shaped like flowers in blue red and yellow. I also added an orange glass butterfly and blue glass butterfly to it to add some excitement before first the spring bloom. I will have to share some photos and a layout of the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome.